Here are the increased clinic hygiene practices we have implemented due to the current climate with COVID-19.
- Encouraging staff and patients to practice physical distancing where applicable
- Implement state and federally advised rules around maximum people per square metre
- Having all staff implementing strict hand hygiene practices
- Hand sanitiser is placed throughout the clinic for both patient and staff use. Please sanitise or wash your hands when you arrive for an appointment.
- Frequently touched surfaces are cleaned regularly throughout the day with alcohol based cleaning products.
- Any equipment used with a patient is cleaned with hospital grade disinfectants between each use. This includes treatment beds, exercise equipment and pillows. You will see signs indicating items are sanitised and ready to use.
- Towels have always been single use. Any towel used with a patient is washed immediately and never re-used with another patient.
- Maintaining physical distancing in our waiting room, and where possible in treatment and clinical exercise sessions.
- Only having 1:1 clinical exercise sessions (formerly Clinical Pilates) during Stage 4 Restrictions.
- Spreading out our Pilates and exercise equipment for our group sessions (when they return).
- Continuing to offer TeleHealth consultations and exercise sessions for any patient who wishes to stay home.
- All staff members have completed the Australian Government Department of Health’s Infection Control Training for COVID-19.
- In line with the latest advice about PPE use, all staff will be wearing masks. All therapists will be wearing eye protection too.
We will continue to update and improve our hygiene practices.
All of these practices are reviewed regularly to be in line with state and federal advice.